Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teaching Reading

     I use several different resources to teach reading. Most of my student are sight word readers, but a every once in while I get a student who needs more challenging material.  I use Edmark reading for teaching sight words and thank goodness they have a new edition, which looks very nice. I like Edmark and it works,but the older version was lacking in the comprehension area. I am not sure about the new one.

     I work with student one on one for the Edmark and I use Reading Milestones for our weekly story. It has more comprehension and lots of practice pages. I usually have 2-3 groups for this program. It is a scripted program, but it works and I like the extension activities.

     When I have students who are not challenged by Edmark or Reading Milestones then I use word families. I use the website, http://www.carlscorner.us.com/. There are lots of free things on here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment